Wednesday, June 9, 2021

[Star Wars] New Centurions, Episode I: "Graduation Exercises"


On Dantooine the new apprentices at the Jedi Academy settle into the training routine. They join others in observance of the Jedi ideals, and in service to bringing justice and light to the dark corners of the galaxy. 

Mastering new skills and the Jedi Code, they find the instruction challenging and rewarding. As the 1st year ends, they begin to learn the use of the iconic Jedi weapon, the lightsaber….

Jedi Academy

Planet: Dantooine

Location: Training Academy of the Jedi Order

Trainee Assessment

Compiled by: Jedi Knight Kin-Ya Dosun

The cohort now code-named Century Flight have completed a training skirmish on the training grounds, observed by Masters Grakon Del and Beq-Abig. 

Master Grakon Del

Master Beq-Abig

Trainee Ashretta has been observed exhibiting excessive anger and will spend additional time in meditation. Trainee Ouda has also offered to spar with Ashretta. I have been given responsibility for Century Flight.

Jedi Academy training ground


Location: Varvrona system

Mission Report compiled by Jedi Trainee Elashi Tanisho, Century Flight

We were in pursuit of  Ace of Flasks, a ship suspected of conducting slave transport activities on behalf of the Kazarac guild. We located the vessel in orbit near planet Varvrona. 

Ouda Secura sent a transmission to the Ace of Flasks instructing them to stand down. They responded by claiming they were traders but appeared to make little effort to be convincing. Weapons fire did not do any serious damage to their vessel. They also inflicted some minor damage on one of our starfighters. Dihan deployed the ion cannon, after which they stood down.

Century Flight boarded their vessel, finding that they were transporting the enslaved persons in carbonite. One member of their crew claimed they were merely transporters and were not responsible for enslaving those individuals or attempting to sell them as property. Dihan warned that this person was attempting to distract us. 

One individual attempted to fire a slug-thrower at our group. I stunned him with my blaster pistol. After a brief firefight we were able to subdue the slavers and place them under arrest before handing them over to the Rangers of the New Republic. Among the individuals preserved in carbonite were also several persons who had outstanding warrants from various law enforcement agencies. We also found Bivo Snuko, the individual we had previously rescued on Dantooine, among their prisoners.

Ace of Flasks

Jedi Starfighter


Slaver

We have been asked to review the tenets of the Jedi Order and meditate on the events of our mission after Trainee Yaz expressed romanticized views of fighting while we described our combat with the Kazarac slavers.


Jedi Trainee Elashi Tanisho - personal log

I have completed my Trial of Spirit, facing the Dark Side in the Mirror. I had always thought myself fearless, yet the Mirror held something to cause fear in me. I would not welcome experiencing that again, but I have passed through the trial. My fellow members of Century Flight have also succeeded in overcoming whatever fears the Mirror made them experience. We have not spoken of what we saw in the Mirror.

We traveled next to planet Illum to seek crystals for our personal lightsabers. Ouda did not go with us, as she has a lightsaber that once belonged to her grandfather. He was not a member of the Jedi Order, but there is no requirement that the possessor of a lightsaber be a Jedi.

Illum

The crystal I felt through the Force lay in a location that required me to leap across a crevasse in the ice and climb a stalacmite to reach it. I miscalculated the jump over the crevasse and fell to the bottom, suffering some painful bruises. I spent a few moments meditating to compose myself and I was able to resist the extreme cold enough to work my way along the bottom of the crevasse until I found a place where I could climb out safely.

Crystal cavern

Once I climbed up a stalacmite to the crystal I had intended to claim, I found it was still out of my reach. Then I realized that there was a second crystal that was closer, and this was the crystal the Force had actually been guiding me to. 



Personal journal - Jedi Knight Kin-Ya Dosun

While most of Century Flight were on Illum acquiring their crystals, trainee Ouda Secura was invited to a private visit with Master Taanar. Ouda has not spoken to me of what Master Taanar shared with her, but it's my understanding that Master Taanar told her stories about her grandfather and Choj's grandfather and certain events that occurred while they were members of the Antaran Rangers. 

They then began to meditate together, and Ouda then heard an unusual sound which caused her cease her meditation and look to see what had caused the sound. She found that Master Taanar was gone, but her robe and lightsaber lay on the ground where she had been sitting. Ouda stated that just prior to this occurrence, her sense of the Force became much more intense. 

Master Taanar Ryl has become one with the Force. 

Jedi Master Taanar Ryl





No comments:

Post a Comment