Thursday, November 29, 2012

Links-n-Things

More links.

I didn't realize anyone thought so, but it seems chemobrain isn't just in your mind.  Thanks to
Jay Lake for the link.

Bizarrely big black hole baffles.  Don't blame me for the title.  From the BBC.

More from the Beeb:
Bendy phones the next big thing?  Do I need to be able to roll my phone up like a burrito?
Where's the beef?  Growing up in Texas, when the wind blew a certain way we could smell the feedlot.  They're stinky and disgusting.  I think skinnier cows is a good thing.  And cattle ranchers may just have to consider a different income producer.  Cattle ranches are huge contributors to deforestation and global warming. 
Shrinking America.  Time to rethink the tax base.
Candlelight theatre.  Sigh.  I wish I could go.
Is this the end of planned obsolence?  What happens to our throw-away culture when we run out of resources to make new stuff instead of fixing the stuff we already have.
You can't buy happiness.  Believe me, I've tried.  And now putting the garbage out depresses me.  I can't help wondering why we can't recycle everything.
Welcome to Hinglish.  No wonder we can't understand the tech support folks from India, and they can't understand us.

No comments:

Post a Comment